Home Report 2012-08
INSIDE THIS EDITION
10 SMART QUESTIONS
To Ask Before You Pick A Mortgage…
8 Home Selling Need-To-Knows For Today’s Market…
Short-Notice Showings In 10 Minutes Or Less…
SPLASH RIOT OR CASH SIPHON?
Think Carefully Before Buying Before Buying A Home With A Pool…
Home Report 2012-08 – Luxury Valley Homes Scottsdale
ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE
The Key To Comparing Loans…
Right Sales Price Is Buyer’s Call…
Saving With A Few Tax Breaks On Your Move…
PACKING UP HOME REPORT 2012-08
Moving out of your home and into another can create stress in your life, but it doesn’t have to be the case. There are several ways to make packing up and moving out a smooth transition into your new life. Here are five tips to help you during the moving process:
- Set a timeline. Staying organized helps to eliminate stress, as it is often the unknown that makes us feel panicked. When you set a timeline, break up the tasks on your to-do list into manageable chunks. Assign each task to a day on the calendar – or week, if you prefer to remain more flexible. Not only will this ensure everything gets accomplished in a timely manner, but you’ll feel more in control of the process.
- Hold a moving sale. The first step in the packing process is sorting your belongings to determine what you want to keep, sell, donate and toss. Once you have the “sell” pile, you can arrange a moving sale. It’s so much easier to get rid of items before the move than to pack everything up – especially when you no longer use or need some of it. Plus, a moving sale will bring in a little cash that can contribute to your moving out fund.
- Host a packing party. Packing can be a pain in the neck, and it is a lengthy process – especially if you work! When you come home after a long day at the office, the last thing you want to do is spend the evening packing. But when friends are involved, the process is more fun and goes more quickly.
- Label your belongings well. Always include as much detail as possible on each box you pack, including the room it belongs in and what’s inside. Remember that even if you have to do more work up front, it’s worth it if it makes the process smoother in the end. Also, keep boxes grouped together by room when you load them onto the truck so the unloading process is easier.
- Hire a moving company. Let’s be honest. The best way to achieve a smooth move is to hire someone else to do the hard work for you! A moving company, like Allied Van Lines, can assist you not only with transporting your belongings to your new home, but also with every aspect of moving out – including packing, loading, unloading and more.
Market Watch helps answer the question, “how is real estate in your area.” Using the Arizona Multiple Listing Service and the Cromford Report we have graphed data to help respond to just that question. Read more >>