Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Pro
- Hiring a real estate professional to buy your dream home, or sell your current house, is one of the most ‘educated’ decisions you can make!
- A real estate professional has the experience needed to help you through the entire process.
- Make sure that you hire someone who knows current market conditions & can simply and effectively explain them to you and your family!
Hire a REALTOR® That Works in the Realm of Excellence
All Realtors® are licensed to sell real estate as an agent, but not all real estate agents are Realtors®. Less than half of all real estate licensees are Realtors®. Realtors® belong to the National Association of Realtors and pledge to follow the Code of Ethics, a comprehensive list containing 17 articles and underlying standards of practice. This code establishes levels of conduct that are higher than ordinary business practices or those required by law. Only Realtors® can display the Realtor® logo.
There are plenty of websites that will refer agents to you, but that is no assurance of quality. Often, the agents they refer are simply those who have paid the site owners a fee to be listed in their directory or they take a percentage of the agent’s commission leaving them less money to spend on marketing efforts on your behalf. A better bet is to research the REALTOR® in your area, go to those websites and look up profiles of individual agents at offices near you. Example – Search on Jeff and Jane Daley or what you are looking for in the area such as Luxury Valley Homes Scottsdale. Look for details of their experience, and education. Be sure to look for client reviews or comments.
Understand Agents Work on Commission
- Very few real estate agents work on salary and if they do, you probably don’t want them.
- Most real estate agents are paid a commission. If an agent does not close a transaction, she does not get paid. Agents are highly motivated to do a good job for you.
- Agents are not public servants and do not work for free. Do not ask an agent to work for you if you intend to cut the agent out of your deal.
People also enjoyed reading the article that follows:
Millennial homeownership rate increases – Recent headlines exclaimed the homeownership rate, as reported by the Census Bureau, rose again in the second quarter of 2017. What didn’t get much attention in the reports is that the homeownership rate for American households under the age of 35 increased a full percentage point from last quarter’s 34.3% […]
Back to our home page at Scottsdale Real Estate Arizona