Terravita real estate consists 1,380 homes ranging in a resort community ranging in size from 1,500 to 3,800 square feet. Home prices range from the low $300,000 $250,000 to over $1 million. All homeowners are members of Terravita Country Club, which includes a first class fitness center, community pool, spa and tennis courts, and nature trails that reflects Arizona’s Sonoran Desert landscape. It was carefully constructed and planned as a gated master-planned community consisting of approximately 823 acres. You can review all of the current listings in Terravita for sale here.
Terravita real estate is in the north center part of the valley, surrounded by mountains on all sides, enjoys some 300 plus days of sunshine each year, with an annual rainfall of about 7 inches, which contributes to low humidity and mild winters. The winter temperatures are the talk of the country and it allows Terravita residents to take full advantage of the numerous outdoor recreational opportunities and the scenic beauty of the Sonoran Desert. You will find the community that makes up Terravita real estate in north Scottsdale, at the intersection of Scottsdale Road and Carefree Highway. Because of the elevation that Terravita enjoys the annual temperatures are often 5 to 7 degrees cooler than downtown Phoenix. Just North of Terravita is the town of Carefree, Cave Creek, and the Tonto National Forrest. Nearby is Lake Bartlett and Lake Pleasant .
The Terravita real estate community maintains Southwest architecture guidelines that protect its overall design integrity and property values. Given Terravita’s dramatic desert location, many homes
enjoy views of the golf course, Black Mountain, the nearby Boulders Resort area, and stunning sunsets. About half of the residents live in Terravita year-round while the other half use Terravita as a second home.
Impeccable grounds welcome you inside the gated community where you’ll find a relaxed, inviting atmosphere among residents and members. Outdoor recreation abounds from spirited rounds of golf, to friendly games of tennis, to nature walks on manicured trails. And when you’re ready to unwind, slip into a poolside lounge chair or sip a cocktail on the Clubhouse outside patio – and toast good friends and great times at Terravita.
It’s a special place. Not just for the picturesque location or the long list of amenities — but for the sense of community fostered by those who live and play here. Both elegant and comfortable, Terravita welcomes those who embrace a balance.
The Terravita Community
- Championship golf course
- Clubhouse with casual and fine dining
- Desert Pavilion for meetings, activities and events
- Health and fitness center with classes, steam room and more
- Six tennis courts for casual and organized play
- Swimming pool and hot tub
- Seven miles of walking, biking and hiking trails
- A two-mile self-guided nature trials
- Private homes
- A full calendar of events ranging from golf and tennis tournaments, to social, cultural and culinary events, to cocktail and holiday parties.
Terravita’s exercise classes include:
- Zumba Line Dancing
- Strength and Tone
- Completely Cardio
- Instructor led classes
Personal training sessions are designed to help members learn proper form and technique, while achieving individual fitness goals. These sessions are scheduled on an optional fee basis.
World-class amenities – minutes away:
- Scottsdale shopping and dining
- Cultural venues and educational institutions
- Major league sports arenas for the Phoenix professional sports teams, including the Cardinals, the Suns, the Diamondbacks and the Coyotes
- The Barrett Jackson Auto Auction, the Arabian Horse Show, NASCAR, Major League Baseball spring training camps, PGA golf events, casinos and more
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
The TCA is governed by a seven person Board of Directors who are resident members in good standing with the TCA. Each Director is elected by a vote of the members and serves a two-year term without compensation. Elections are held each March at the annual meeting.
The Terravita Community Association is managed on-site at the Desert Pavilion by Capital Consultants Management Corporation. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Terravita Tennis Activities
- Private lessons and clinics, including video analysis
- Adult leagues and mixers
- Inter-Club and Intra-Club events
- Men’s and Women’s Club Championships
- Adult Superset Challenge Cup – Singles and Doubles
- Men’s and Women’s Drop Ins
- Kids private lessons and clinics
- Annual Kids Summer Camp
The pool area includes a cabana with locker room facilities, an outdoor ramada and a soothing hot tub to help members relax after a spirited tennis match, a challenging golf game or water workout. The poolside grill offers seasonal food and beverage service.
Terravita Desert Pavilion
The Desert Pavilion has more than 9,000 square feet available as a meeting or special event venue. Members can participate in member-sponsored and Club-sponsored activities, such as:
- Terravita Art League
- Card games, including Bridge, Poker and Canasta
- Board games, including Mahjong and Scrabble
- Stitch and Chat, and Quilting
- Book Club
- Bible Study
- Seminars and Workshops
The Desert Pavilion is also home to Terravita’s self-service library, which includes hundreds of titles donated by the residents.
Terravita Golf Club
Separate from all the other amenities that Terravita offers is the an award-winning private golf club. Terravita Country Club, Terravita Golf Club and Terravita Community Association (TCA) are separate legal entities so you can choose to join the golf club or not – It’s all about choices. You can read more about this at Terravita golf club in Scottsdale