Some say white is plain and boring and isn’t stimulating to the senses. It maybe true but if you want to have an immaculately clean looking home, paint your home white. The white color appears to be pristine, pure and it is the color of perfection. The color represents new beginnings and it opens the way for the creation of anything your mind can conceive. As the adage goes, you can never go wrong with white.
Making an excellent white room greatly depends on finding the correct texture and elements to make the room stand out. Choose one bright accent color to stand out throughout in the living space like placing blue accents decors for a beach-like feel. Unlike fad colors, a white painted home will never be dated. The trick is getting the right color scheme to make the room look attractive and interesting.
Choosing the Right White
Not all white are created equal as the color has many undertones and hints. And choosing which white is for you depends on what you truly want to achieve.
- Cool White – This classy and softly-shaded light, and luminous white is a favorite choice for moldings and trim. This color works well in contemporary spaces as they provide a feeling of newness.
- Ivory White – Ivory white is a pure clean white with a touch of pale cream. Use this color on walls for a clean and contemporary look. Ivory white is named as such because it resembles ivory in which teeth and the tusk of animals is made.
- Seashell White – Another neutral off-white color that resembles some of the very pale pinkish tones that are common in many seashells.
- Old Lace White – Old Lace is a web color that is very pale yellowish orange that resembles the color of an old lace tablecloth. It is a shade of white that is 9% saturated with 99% brightness.
- Linen White – This light, creamy off-white is a never fail for neutral walls, trim doors and ceilings. This color has a very pale orange that resembles a natural color of unbleached linen and flax for added warmth.
- Vanilla White – The color vanilla is a rich shade of off-white as well as a medium pale tint of yellow. This type of color is the perfect color to choose when you want a warm, cozy and comfortable feeling.
A house painted white can be plain from the outside, but inside the home comes into a full bloom. While the color white is plain and simple, this can be the most interesting color to work with. Just be imaginative and you’ll be amazed at how your home will look immaculately clean, and pristine in white.
Maybe it’s about time to update your living room. Check our 6 Tips to Update Your Living Room.
Return to Scottsdale Real Estate home page.